Vidler's 5 & 10 in East Aurora, NY is the ultimate day trip destination for anyone living in the Northeast. This iconic store, also known as "the ultimate variety store," has been a staple in the small town of East Aurora for over 90 years and is an experience not to be missed.
The store itself is a treasure trove of unique and hard-to-find items, from vintage toys and games to housewares and home decor. Visitors can spend hours browsing the aisles, discovering new and interesting things at every turn. The store's vintage feel is a throwback to simpler times, and you can't help but feel a sense of nostalgia as you explore.
But Vidler's is more than just a store. It's an experience that includes:
- An extensive candy selection, from classic favorites to unique and hard-to-find treats
- A toy and game section featuring vintage and retro items, as well as new and exciting products
- A large section of seasonal items, that change with each holiday period.
- An ample collection of old-fashioned penny candy, sold by the pound
- A variety of arts and crafts to keep you busy at home
But the fun doesn't stop there! East Aurora has a lot more to offer for a day trip, some of the surrounding sites and stores to visit include:
- The Roycroft Campus, a National Historic Landmark, is a beautiful collection of buildings that were once home to a thriving arts and crafts community. Visitors can tour the campus, including the historic print shop, and see demonstrations of traditional craft techniques.
- The Elbert Hubbard Museum, dedicated to the life and work of the founder of the Roycroft community. The museum features a collection of Hubbard's writings and personal artifacts, as well as a library of his books.
- The Aurora Theatre, a restored 1920s movie palace that shows first run films with future plans for live performing arts.
- The East Aurora Farmer's Market, held on Saturdays during the summer months, features a wide variety of local produce, meats, cheeses, and more.
- The Millard Fillmore House, the only remaining residence of the 13th President of the United States, Millard Fillmore. Visitors can take a tour of the house and learn about Fillmore's life and legacy.
Vidler's 5 & 10 is also located near many local restaurants, cafes, and bars that you can check out. Whether you're a history buff, a lover of the arts, or just someone who loves to explore new places, East Aurora is the perfect destination for a day trip. So, pack a bag, grab your family and friends and head to East Aurora for a day of fun and adventure.